Sweet potatoes were on sale at the grocery store, so I thought I'd take an old family favorite - sweet potatoes with marshmallows and brown sugar - and see if we could make them work in a bar food favorite - potato skins! We fried the skins, puree'd the filling with molasses, added brown sugar and butter, and topped with a marshmallow and bacon. Truly decadent for the holidays!
Sweet Potato Skins
November 25, 2014
Fried sweet potato skin, sweet potato molasses puree, marshmallow, bacon, brown sugar, pine nuts
IngredientsSweet Potatoes: 2, baked
Half and Half: 1/2 c
Butter: 4 tbl
Molasses: 1/4 c
Cinnamon: 1 tsp
Bacon: 2 slices, cooked
Brown Sugar: 2 tbl
Flour: 2 tbl
Fry oil: 3 c
Pine Nuts: 1/2 c, optional
2. Deep fry potato skins in oil. Allow to drip and dry on drying rack over paper towels.
3. Beat sweet potato filling with half and half, half of butter, molasses, and pine nuts (if using)
4. Cube other half of butter and pinch with brown sugar and cinnamon into thick paste.
5. Place marshmallow in center of each potato skin, fill remaining skin with potato filling, top with crumbled brown sugar mixture and bacon.
6. Bake until marshmallow is soft. Remove from oven, toast top of skins and marshmallow with kitchen torch, if available. Serve immediately.