Bacon-Honey Peanut Butter. That is one ingredient. Let that sink in for a second. Bacon. Honey. Peanut. Butter. While combining this with bananas on a sandwich was one of Elvis' favorites, we encountered this wonderful combination as a burger topping on this beautiful burger blog. The sweet and smoky combination provided a nice contrast to the umami of the burger/cheese and the tang of the Budweiser sourdough hamburger buns. Even though peanut butter on a burger seemed crazy at first, after tasting I realized this was a combination I could get behind. The flavors balance really nicely. Enjoy ferociously but sparingly.
Peanut Butter Bacon Burger
July 24, 2014
Bacon Cheeseburger with Bacon-Honey Peanut Butter on Budweiser sourdough buns
Yield: 1 burger
Ingredients:Budweiser Sourdough Hamburger Bun: 1
ground beef: 1/4 lb, (80/20 lean/fat gives a good level of juiciness while not being overkill on the fat)
American or cheddar cheese: one slice
bacon: 1 strip, cooked and halved
bacon: 1 strip, cooked and crumbled
peanut butter: 2 tsp
honey: 1/2 tsp
black pepper: pinch
2. Preheat grill on high for at least 10 minutes, lid closed.
3. Grill beef (open lid) for 3-4 minutes on each side for the lower end of medium rare. Longer if you like it overdone.
4. Top with cheese and close lid for a minute to melt.
5. Combine last five ingredients. Microwave for 15 seconds to soften peanut butter and mix to incorporate well.
6. Place burger on split bun (toast if desired), top with bacon and peanut butter sauce, enjoy.